GreatSchools is the leading national nonprofit empowering parents to unlock educational opportunities for their child and support stronger schools in their community. Our award-winning website, rybkabattle.com, has over 40 million unique visitors each year, sharing profiles of almost 200,000 schools, over a million ratings and reviews, and thousands of research-based articles, videos, and other content to help parents support their children’s learning.
GreatSchools is the leading national nonprofit empowering parents, especially those from underserved communities, to unlock educational opportunities for their children and support stronger schools in their community. We are looking for a Product Manager who will contribute to our mission and grow with our team. If you are passionate about your work, are curious and enjoy solving problems, and want to lend your talents to help millions of families get a great education for their children, then this is the position for you.
Join our talented team and work in a highly collaborative, supportive culture where each person’s contributions are important, valued and cultivated. Help build experiences and tools parents and education advocates can use to improve schools and support student development, and support our nonprofit’s financial sustainability initiatives. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Product & Marketing. It is a full time, exempt position located in Oakland, CA. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity in our workplace — education is a universal concern and we need people from all backgrounds to ensure we are empowering all parents with the information they can use to guide their children to a bright future.
- Drive products through the full lifecycle, from concept and development through release and post-launch monitoring, working closely with other departments.
- Cultivate a feedback loop with parents and advocates through user testing, analytics instrumentation, and gathering input from partners and advocacy organizations, and use insights to inform product roadmap.
- Understand and lead analyses of the competitive environment, customers and product metrics to determine features to increase engagement, usage, and revenue.
- Help produce wireframes and visual design mocks resulting in highly intuitive user experiences, both in collaboration with UX designers and independently.
- Manage a ‘test and learn’ process to understand user experience, gauge success, develop project lessons and inform future improvements.
- Communicate project goals, risks and solutions, and status with internal stakeholders.
- Relevant, proven product management experience (agile development environment preferred)
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Able to move quickly, iterate often, and remain flexible
- Deep curiosity, empathy and desire to understand the needs of diverse users
- Strong analytical background
- Ability to prioritize
- Experience with user research and testing, and using qualitative and quantitative insights to inform and improve product development
- UX or visual design experience is a plus
- Experience working with schools, parents, education data, or in support of high-need communities is a plus
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter, including salary requirements, along with your résumé. Your cover letter should include reasons why you want to work at GreatSchools. Résumés without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
Employment Application, Reference Review, and Background Check required of all finalists.
Jr. ETL Developer (Load Specialist)
GreatSchools is the leading national nonprofit empowering parents to unlock educational opportunities for their children. We are looking for a colleague to help support our Data Team in delivering the data, tools, and analytics that allow GreatSchools to provide the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and informative lens on school quality. If you love working with data and want to use your talents to help tens of thousands of parents every day to find the right school for their child then this position is for you.
This position reports to the Data Engineer. It is a full time, exempt position located in Oakland, CA. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity in our workplace — education is a universal concern and we need people from all backgrounds to help parents navigate their options.
- Be a key player in the data pipeline
- Gain an understanding of our data tools, pipelines and processes
- Manipulate and load data into the GreatSchools data warehouse
- Contribute to the GreatSchools process and methodology documentation
- Perform thorough quality assurance before and after loading data and participate in quality assurance on the work of other members of the data team
- Assist in size and difficulty assessment for acquired data loads
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Hands on experience with a programming language (python preferred)
- Experience creating clear, concise and accurate business documentation
- Ability to apply a detail-oriented, critical eye to data quality
- Able to prioritize work, manage multiple projects and work within tight deadlines
- Good communicator and strong contributor to team projects
2020年欧预赛赛程Success in this role may lead to growth opportunities with the GreatSchools Data Engineering team.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter, including salary requirements, along with your résumé. Your cover letter should include reasons why you want to work at GreatSchools. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Director, Research & Data Partnerships
GreatSchools is looking for a director-level professional with a passion for equity in education and experience working with the field of education researchers and/or advocates. Your work will help guide the direction of our strategy, insights, and analyses that help millions of families, policymakers, and grassroots, policy and civil rights organizations across the United States.
GreatSchools is the leading national nonprofit empowering parents, especially those from underserved communities, to unlock educational opportunities for their children and support stronger schools in their community. We are the only national organization that collects education data from all 51 state departments of education and the federal government and then provides analysis, insights and school quality ratings to parents, communities, advocacy organizations, researchers, policymakers and others. We work to uncover bright spots in American education and catalyze discussions about equity.
Reporting to the VP, External Affairs, The Director of Research & Data Partnerships will be responsible for the following activities:
- Develop new partnerships and maintain existing relationships with academic institutions, researchers, external experts, and strategic partners and work with them to facilitate, design, and implement mission-aligned research and evaluation projects.
- Work closely with the Sr. Director of Data Strategy to manage GreatSchools’ research agenda, develop a structure and processes to drive progress, share and learn. Work with internal teams and external partners to produce first-in-class data insights and connect these insights to relevant research and practice in the education field to drive impact.
- Translate research findings for a broad audience and contribute to GreatSchools’ thought leadership efforts. Develop partner and communications activities (webinars, white papers, etc) to disseminate research findings and insights.
- Represent GreatSchools with external audiences, build the organization’s profile as an R&D leader.
- Develop and facilitate new, external advisory group of national education experts and researchers to inform GreatSchools ratings, research, and data insights work. Establish scope of work for group, guide the work, manage all communications, liaise between group and internal teams.
- Design, plan and execute annual convening of researchers.
- Develop funding opportunities based on research work and partnerships.
- 5+ years experience working in education, advocacy, research partnerships and/or data driven impact organizations.
- Familiarity with education research, education data, behavioral economics, or related social sciences.
- Skilled at engaging researchers and subject-matter experts from multiple disciplines to analyze K-12 education research and data, and identify promising interventions to test.
- Must possess exceptional management and collaboration skills, able to lead and influence high-performing staff and colleagues, while also ready to roll up your sleeves.
- Demonstrated success presenting complex data and research analysis to broad audiences, including strong public speaking skills and strong writing skills to develop and contribute to white papers, communications collateral, grant reports, etc.
- Familiarity with Tableau a plus
- Strong personal understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion principles, policies, and technical implementation, especially in education context.
The position is ideally based in Oakland, CA or Washington, D.C., though it is possible we will consider a remote employee. You must be willing to travel 1-2 times per quarter (2-4 day trips) to partner institutions, convenings and meetings across the country. If remote, periodic travel (2-3 times per year) to Oakland, CA will be necessary.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, including salary requirements, along with your résumé. Your cover letter should include reasons why you want to work at GreatSchools. Résumés without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
To inquire about positions with schools or school districts, please contact them directly using the information featured on their individual profile pages. Click here
to locate a specific school or school district in the region of your choice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Unless otherwise specified, all of our open positions are located in our Oakland, CA office. Sorry, we do not offer relocation assistance.